Sunday, February 28, 2010

February 28th, The End of the Month, so say

RABBIT, RABBIT.


I have a little story to tell you about something lots of people say on the very last day of the month, and it is the VERY last thing they say before they go to sleep. I found out about it one day when Girlie and I were getting some dinner ready in the kitchen. I was sitting at her feet hoping she would drop me a carrot or some treat, and as usual, the radio was on. On this day, I was very glad I had the special gift of understanding what every person or creature says, otherwise I would not have

known why Girlie was laughing and crying. The man on the radio had asked people to phone him and tell what they remembered most about their first years at school.

People called in and said things like they remembered when they got spanked, when they learned to read, when they had a big Celebration for B.C.’s birthday and so on they went. All of a sudden, Girlie stopped fussing and stayed very still and listened.

This is what a man phoned in and said over the radio:

When he was in grade 1 in Victoria, many years ago, his teacher always told the class on the last day of the month, just before they went to sleep, they had to say Rabbit, Rabbit. She said if they always remembered to do this, something wonderful would happen for them in the new month coming up. He said she did this at every month end, and he always tried to do it, and many times a good thing did happen in the new month.

He went on to say that at the end of the year he asked his teacher why this worked, why people who forgot still seemed to have some good surprises, and why she did it. She said it was simple.

She told him it made us notice when something good did happen, and the real reason she thought of it was because every time there was a new month, lots of children forgot, and put the old date on the papers they did and she had to remind them all the time.

Have you guessed why Girlie laughed and cried? She was his grade 1 teacher, and he had grown up and lived far away on the other side of the country.

I tell you this story because you might try saying Rabbit, Rabbit and see if the magic works for you.

At my home I have tried to tell Mister Tucker about this, but he has not got the idea yet!

Love, Charlie Rose.

P.S.Do you remember I told you I was born to be a “show dog”, but I was the runt of the litter and became a family pet.

This week one of my “worldwide family” of Scottish Terriers won the Westminster Dog Show being the best dog of 2500 others.

Her name is Sadie, and do you know what she has to do every day to be so perfect? She has to be brushed every day, go for two long walks and exercise on her OWN treadmill. I’m sure glad I was too small, and silly, but I would like the hot dog treats she gets lots of times!


xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment