That is the question in my house this week and
I would like to tell you why---because last year
was so much fun!
Last year on the Thursday night before the holidays
Mrs Thistle and I were curled up reading in front of the
fire. It was late in the evening. It was very dark outside,
especially where I live because we have none of the
fancy lights you have in town; no street lights, no shops
with neon signs, no light except when the moon is
visiting our part of the world. Our world was dark
except for the light of the fire and the reading lamp.
Our secret little world suddenly filled with noise. The
front deck gate banged shut. There were the sounds of
feet walking across the deck to my patio door. I sprang
off of the chair barking as loud as I could, thinking I
might scare someone away, but as I peaked out the
glass I couldn’t see a thing. Mrs. Thistle was soon at my
side and both of us watched and watched. We must
have looked frightened as next we knew we heard a
dog barking and children laughing and shouting,
“SURPRISE!!”
My friend Molly, a Maltipoo, and her family had come
over from Vancouver on the last ferry run to have some
fun. They stumbled into my room with bursting cases,
bagsof groceries and gift wrapped packages. Mrs
Thistle was the first to speak:
“What is happening, are you moving in with us ?”
Everyone talked at once. They explained all the baggage:
“We are going to have Christmas and New Years this
weekend as we missed all holidays with you.”
“We brought turkey for a Thanksgiving Dinner too.”
“We have Christmas and Birthday presents.”
“We brought eggs to colour and hide, and put on our
little Christmas tree, so this year we will have an
Easter Egg Tree."
Can you image the fun we had for three days? We did
all the holiday celebrations in just one weekend. It was
so much fun and I think the best part was the last night
which I will tell you a little about.
The family and Mrs Thistle dressed up for our New Year’s
Eve in their best clothes. They put bright red scarves
on Mollie and I. We pretended we were at a fancy disco
party with loud music to sing and dance to. There was
lots of laughter and goofy dancing, but the very best
part was just before Midnight. We turned off all the lights,
lit some bright sparklers and at Midnight we joined all
close together and sang that special song about not
forgetting friends. ( Mollie and I didn't actually sing,
but I bet you knew that!'
This is just a small story about our Easter Weekend, but
i thought it might give you an idea to one day surprise
your family or friends on a holiday weekend.
I almost forgot the best part; Mollie brought me a
basket full of new dog toys!
Have a wonderful, fun filled
Holiday Weekend,
Happy Easter to all of You!
Love, Charlie Rose
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox
No comments:
Post a Comment